Saturday 7 April 2018


MEMORY DIG

With laughter I remembered vividly, those days I use to pray almost every second to God the father, for forgiveness of my sins.
Not just stopping there, but mentioning the sins one after the other; lying, "tonguely" sin, fornication of the heart, evil communications, malice e.t.c. to the point that I will now start roping myself before God by asking for forgiveness on sins I never committed.

These prayers I often say then constantly, in the morning as I wake, the minute before I sleep, and as many times I would remember to say it in the course of the day. Why? Because I took it more seriously than any other "prayer point".

Now, I realised I took it that serious because:

1) whenever we have family prayers, my parents would lay extraordinary emphasis on "forgiveness" and would wrap it up saying " forgive us of the sins we committed both intentionally and unintentionally".
Our "Amen" at this juncture would be like the trumpet that should sound on the last day.

2) Part of the church doctrinal proceedings always give a special and virgin room for "prayer of forgiveness" in every meetings we would hold.

3) Lastly, and most importantly are the: desire to make Heaven, unrelenting vigilance for Rapture, and fear of Hell. which I will call "The Triplet!"

During my last year in higher institution, this practice rose to the peak, as though I was seeing heaven already.

But there was a change of doctrine or understanding during my service year through the popping of these questions below:

1) I'm I still a sinner as we pray it?, Even after confession and believing? (Romans 10:10)
2) How long more will I continue to pray it? Till 70 years to come or more?
3) How was the Love of God truly fashioned?
4) Can I be perfect in this flesh(body)?

Then, as I continue to meditate upon all these questions through the aid of the scriptures, all of a sudden, the passion and zeal to pray those points died down unnoticed.


MY DISCOVERIES

Romans 3:7 KJV
For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?
Romans 5:8 KJV
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

it's good to know that believers don't answer to the name Sinners. Why? Because we are redeemed. The yoke and nature of sin has been destroyed.

Matthew 9:13 KJV
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Here, you see that after repentance comes righteousness.
How can believers who are called "the righteous" then be called or calling themselves sinners as if Christ neither died nor was raised or they never accepted His love before?

This made me confirm I am no longer a sinner but a righteous soul.
Question (1) solved.

More so, Christ has died for us once and for all.
Periodic remittances of sins are no longer necessary except one is overtaken in a fault.

Galatians 6:1 KJV
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Studying Hebrews, I concluded on this:

Hebrews 4:14-16 KJV
Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
[15] For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
[16] Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

This passage answered my question (2) & (4), showing that we cannot be perfect in the flesh(body). Never! Our Perfection is in Christ who lives in us. Not our different characters.

Conclusively on this, if you are overtaken in a fault and you know it, then boldly come into the throne of Grace that ye may obtain mercy through Him that sits on the right hand of God, making intercession for us all.

On the matter of God's love to humanity.
2 Timothy 1:7 KJV
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Romans 8:15 KJV
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

So, why should I fear if I would make heaven or not. It doesn't seem to be the love He (God) professed.
I'm a Son, I bear the name and mark of Lord Jesus, so let no man or devil trouble or bother me on where I belong.

On the final note:
Romans 8:35-39 KJV
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
[36] As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
[37] Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
[38] For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
[39] Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

After all these, transformation took place in me unnoticed.
So therefore, the Love of God gave me rest and assurance as He has promised.(Matthew 11:28 KJV
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.)

However, remember, nothing can separate you from the Love of God in Christ Jesus except "YOURSELF" alone.
You should also have rest in Christ Jesus with assurance of eternal life as a believer.

Hallelujah.
Jesus reings

OLUDARE, OLUMIDE AYODEJI
08067222088, 08028422499.
Oludare_Olumide@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

MUST A BELIEVER SPEAK IN TONGUES? Tongue  is a language that is spiritually acquired, never a natural utterance. No bible verse spea...